Saturday, October 27, 2012

OK - I missed journalling yesterday, but I did go for a walk/run with Steve. It was a better day for running. My calf muscles weren't as tight as Wednesday. I did a better job of stretching on my way to the track.

3 gratitudes for today:

I spent the morning at a Toastmasters speaking contest in White River Junction. I wasn't competing, just observing and I actually took part as a counter - someone who helps tally the scores  to determine the winner.

First, I am grateful that I found Toastmasters. It has helped me gain confidence in speaking in front of groups. I still get nervous, but I find it much easier to get through a speech.

Second, I am grateful for the people that I have met through Toastmasters. They are wonderful and supportive, and very nice! I have learned a lot because each one of them brings something unique to the experience.

Third, I am grateful for the chance to share the Toastmasters experience with others at Champlain. Next Wednesday I will be presenting a proposal to forma a Toastmasters club on campus. I hope we get enough interest to start a club!

So I was not so kind today. When I got home from the contest in the afternoon, I had big plans to do laundry, mulch the garlic, and do other odd jobs. But then Steve called from Burlington & said he locked the keys in the truck. So I had to run into Burlington to bring him the spare truck key. On the way into Burlington I got behind this obnoxious BMW driver. They would not let me pass, but insisted on going slow when I couldn't pass. I was not kind at all, especially to Steve when I got to  Burlington. No random acts of kindness today.

But a bonus for the evening - 2 deer were feeding under our crab apple trees. They took their time walking around - it was quite peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment